Guests are allowed to be accompanied by service animals during a stay
Hosts are allowed to ask only the following about a guest’s need for a service animal:
- Does the guest require their service animal because of a disability?
- What work or task the service animal has been trained to perform?
Hosts and guests are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable state and local laws, rules, and regulations.
When a guest is accompanied by a service animal, hosts are not allowed to:
- Refuse a reservation,
- Charge pet fees or other additional fees,
- Apply differential treatment.
A guest’s service animal must be:
- In control at all times,
- Never left alone,
- Restricted to areas available to the guest,
- Always be harnessed, leashed, or tethered and under the guest’s control in public spaces.